|Salary||£23 - £25 per hour|
|Date posted||July 12, 2019|
Maxxima has an exciting opportunity for a Band 6 Pharmacy Technician to fill a full-time role based in the West Midlands.
Our client is looking for a highly experienced Medicines Management / Governance Technician (band 6) to work alongside their Medicines Safety Officer Pharmacist.
The post is available to start ASAP and is to cover a 6 month maternity leave period in the first instance, with possibility of extension. The pay rate on offer for the post would be between £23.00 - £25.00 p/h (umbrella equivalent), depending on experience.
This role will be office based - there will be no regular ward commitments. The suitable candidate will also need to have experience of working with a variety of Pharmacy IT systems and have a good knowledge around medicines management/ governance issues on a trust wide basis.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
* Effectively maintain, review and develop the Trust Formulary & Prescribing Guidelines, including the monitoring of non-formulary drug expenditure, in order to facilitate the safe, effective and cost effective use of medication within the Trust
* Effectively maintain an intranet medicine based formulary and prescribing guideline website for the Trust.
* To manage the preparation of unbiased, evidence-based product assessments in response to the submission of requests from Consultant staff to add (or modify) drugs to the formulary, and present these at Drug & Therapeutics Committee.
* To produce reports and audits of medicine usage, as required by the DTC and in support of the Deputy Chief and Chief Pharmacist
* To work closely with the CSU Pharmaceutical Advisors to ensure production and the smooth effective delivery of the Trust's Formulary & Prescribing Guidelines
* Effectively communicate the decisions of the Drug & Therapeutics Committee to all appropriate staff, both within Pharmacy and across the Trust, after each group meeting, to ensure that such decisions are implemented smoothly and with minimal disruption to normal work practice.
* Supporting Trust wide audit/risk related work and developing/presenting assurance reports.
Why work for Maxxima?
* Practical assistance with relocation, accommodation and DBS/CRB checks
* Dedicated and experienced consultants
* Dedicated payroll consultant to ensure prompt payment
* Guidance and advice on CV and interview techniques
* Practical assistance with professional body registration
* A choice of PAYE, umbrella or LTD company payments
If you are interested in this role please apply by clicking the apply button. Or if you would like more details about this role, contact the team today, we always have time to take your call.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive. The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £1,500. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.