These roles will be working locally in the Sheffield area providing Phlebotomy & Healthcare Research services. To be successful in this role you MUST have at least 1 years’ experience in drawing bloods and have proof of competency as a phlebotomist.
This is an established programme that is looking for new candidates as it moves into its next phase.
Position: Phlebotomist/Healthcare Support Worker
Hours: 2-3 days per week, shift patterns vary
- Recent phlebotomy experience of at least 12 months
- Proof of competency
We are looking for experienced phlebotomists who also must have HCA experience to be able to work at least 2-3 days per week in a 7-day service. These will be long days working between 7.30am – 6.30pm with Sunday hours being 10.30am – 5pm.
This position will be available until the end of September when a decision will be made on where the next sites will be.
There will also be mobile sites which will move around on a regular basis every month, and so it would be very beneficial if you are able to drive and to work at different sites.
These positions are available now and the pay rate for this role will be up to £20 per hour (umbrella rate).
Main responsibilities of this phlebotomy vacancy:
- Complete POCT cholesterol checks on all participants. These include height, weight and waist measurements captured, taking heart rate and blood pressure checks and inputting result data onto the system.
- Draw two blood samples for each participant, labelling and storing correctly.
- Checking the welfare of the participant throughout the appointment, escalating any issues to the nurse in charge as required.
- Offer signposting, advice and guidance to participants as required.
- Prepare boxes containing samples to be collected by the courier at the end of every shift.
- You must be a phlebotomist with recent experience of at least 12 months.
- You must be willing to fully register with our agency.
If you are interested in this Phlebotomists/Healthcare Support Workers role, please apply by clicking the apply button. Or if you would like more details about this role, contact the Phlebotomy team today, we always have time to take your call.
Why work with Maxxima?
The minute you register with Maxxima we make it about one thing: you. The first time we talk you'll realise we know your speciality inside out.
Our expert recruitment consultants are here to find you the very best opportunities and help you every step of the way in securing the best placement. We hold preferred or sole supplier status with many clients which means you'll have access to a range of opportunities that can't be found anywhere else.
We always act in your best interests, talking with you and listening to you. You're an individual. A professional; not a resource.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placem
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.