About the role:
As a Senior Biomedical Scientist, you will assist the Biomedical Scientist and liaise with Section Head with the day to day and strategic management of the Histopathology Department.
What’s in it for you as a Senior Biomedical Scientist:
- Private Healthcare for your whole family
- Private pension
- The chance to buy extra leave
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to a private GP
- Wide range of learning and development opportunities
- Follow HCA Labs standing policies and procedures to ensure an efficient delivery of laboratory service.
- Practice as an HCPC registered Biomedical Scientist and maintain registration.
- To comply with the code of practice of the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) and HCPC and work consistently to ISO 15189 (2012) and UKAS accreditation.
- Carry out unsupervised routine and complex investigations and analysis of tissue using specialised laboratory equipment.
- Assist with the teaching of new staff.
- The use of skills, theory of Histology, and knowledge to provide a high quality and effective Histopathology laboratory service.
- Perform timely and accurate processing of samples and perform laboratory techniques in accordance with departmental approved SOPs, including but not limited to the following:
- Biopsy transfer (excludes samples requiring dissection) Embedding Microtomy Special staining techniques QC of slides at send out Performing Frozen section techniques.
- Assist the BMS3 and liaise with Section Head with the day to day and strategic management of the Histopathology Department.
- Assist the Section Head/BMS3 to manage the space and equipment allocated to the department to ensure an efficiently delivered service.
- Assist with the establishment and development of departmental policies and procedures to ensure an efficient delivery of laboratory service.
- Assist Section Head/BMS3 in the formulation of departmental strategies for the training and development of all non-medical staff within the department and users of the service as appropriate.
- Assist Section Head/BMS3 to develop and maintain contingency plans for the department.
- BSc or MSc degree (desirable)
- HCPC Registered and experience of working as a Biomedical Scientist
- Member of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences is desirable
- Knowledgeable, dedicated and vastly experienced Permanent Team with longstanding professional relationships with multiple clients
- Access to exclusive vacancies through our numerous Master Vendor trusts across the country
- Vacancies outside of NHS Rate caps with our private sector agreements
- Access to International roles outside of England and the United Kingdom
If you are interested to hear more, either hit the APPLY NOW button or reach out to Lucy on 0117 471 5956 or email@example.com
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.