About the role:
As a Senior Biomedical Scientist, you will be working in a clinical and service development capacity to ensure the service to patients is planned, delivered and evaluated in line with evidence-based practice. Working closely with the multi-disciplinary team to help create and maintain a robust service.
Your main responsibilities as a Speech and Language Therapist:
- Supervise various grades of scientific & support staff
- Participate in multidisciplinary working as required.
- Techniques and testing that include: Microscopy based diagnosis of parasites, parasite material, and parasite eggs, ova and cysts, Rapid diagnostic tests and western blots to detect the presence of parasite antigens and antiparasite antibodies, Serological diagnosis by ELISA, Western blot and IFAT to detect the presence of anti-parasite antibodies,Molecular diagnosis to detect the presence of parasite DNA, Research and development as required to develop new assays or improve existing ones On call malaria diagnosis by blood film microscopy
- Communicate patients’ results and answer enquiries from health care professionals within the hospital and in the community
- Interpret clinical information and use scientific knowledge to process specimens for appropriate tests
- HCPC & IBMS Registered
- Biomedical Science Degree or equivalent and a Post Graduate Qualification of MSc, FIBMS or equivalent
- Previous experience in a relevant laboratory, and proficiency in techniques appropriate to the discipline
- Training and development opportunities – including the funding of Undergraduate and Masters Degrees and IBMS Specialist Portfolios for Biomedical Scientists
- Annual performance related salary review
- **No banding restrictions: **As we are a private company we are not restricted by salary bandings and so are able to negotiate appropriate salaries based on experience. This also means that annual salary reviews do not hit a band ceiling
- Discounted gym membership – we have a corporate gym membership scheme with Better Gyms
- Cash healthcare plan – cash back on a variety of healthcare costs including dentist and opticians
- Sick Pay Entitlement – 5 paid days in the first year of employment, 20 days thereafter
- Permanent Health Insurance and Death in Service Cover
- Life Assurance – providing salary continuation for long term illness (six months qualifying period)
- Employee Assistance Programme – supporting staff wellbeing
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme – interest free loan for the cost of annual travel ticket
- Perkbox – Access to additional staff perks and benefits such as high street discounts
- Company Pension Scheme – company and staff contributions which increase with years of service
- Competitive annual leave allowance - 28 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours – 37.5 hours standard working week. With a variety of working patterns available, options to review working flexibly will always be considered.
- Knowledgeable, dedicated and vastly experienced Permanent Team with longstanding professional relationships with multiple clients
- Access to exclusive vacancies through our numerous Master Vendor trusts across the country
- Vacancies outside of NHS Rate caps with our private sector agreements
- Access to International roles outside of England and the United Kingdom
If you are interested to hear more, either hit the APPLY NOW button or reach out to Lucy on 0117 471 5956 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.