Back to jobs
Maxxima have an amazing oppertunity for a candiate to work,travel and live in the states of Geurnsey!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To manage a defined caseload, using evidence based practice and client-centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- To provide a comprehensive Occupational Therapy assessment and rehabilitation service to Service Users who have varying disability needs.
- Have a commitment to working within a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) by collaboratively working with professional colleagues to provide a high standard of multi-disciplinary service.
- To work as part of a flexible Occupational Therapy Service and a wider multi-disciplinary team in a variety of settings including Service Users’ own homes, community settings, long term care areas, Service Users’ work place, as well as within the Princess Elizabeth Hospital.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To manage a caseload of client, including those with multiple diagnosis, complex needs and requiring long-term intervention, and be responsible for organising own workload in line with the agreed priorities, policies and procedures of the employing authority.
- To carry out appropriate assessments, undertake individual client-centred treatment programmes focusing on agreed goals and to evaluate and adapt the programmes as needs change.
- To facilitate the safe discharge of individuals to community living.
- To communicate complex, sensitive, clinical and procedural information to client and/or carer.
- To communicate with other professionals/carers during the assessment process and in undertaking treatment programmes to ensure best clinical practice and integrated service delivery.
- To prepare/present appropriate professional reports as required.
- To attend and contribute to case conferences, ward and community care-planning meetings as required.
- To utilise appropriate skill mix in the delivery of the Occupational Therapy Service.
- To review case progress regularly, record information and carry out administrative procedures in accordance with departmental practice.
- To formulate a specification, following assessment, for the provision of minor medical devices/assistive technology and adaptations to ensure it meets identified need.
- To identify long-term needs and make onward referrals to action further intervention to meet client’s holistic needs
- To carry out manual handling/clinical risk assessments and implement subsequent actions.
- To actively participate in regular professional supervision in order to demonstrate and be accountable that planned interventions meet identified needs.
- To be accountable for own safety as a lone worker and ensure any risks identified are documented and actioned.
- To gain a detailed working knowledge of all policies and procedures relating to Occupational Therapy Service and demonstrate understanding of its application to clinical practice.
- Hold a Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy or be a graduate of a School of Occupational Therapy recognized by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
- HCPC Registration
- Experience working at Band 5 level or above as an Occupational Therapist in 2-3 different clinical areas/rotations, one of which must have been with Older People or Physical Disabilities.
- Knowledgeable in Occupational Therapy models and treatment approaches and able to critically evaluate implementation within clinical area in line with organisational policies and evidence based practice principles.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and delegate appropriately to manage own workload yet able to recognise the need for and seek support when necessary
- Have experience working in a multi-disciplinary team gaining an awareness of team dynamics and developed good interpersonal skills and the maturity / self-confidence to form effective working relationships.
- Experience working in an acute setting including using standardised assessments, discharge planning and recommending minor equipment and adaptations.
- Clean driving licence
- Competent IT skills