Position: Occupational Therapist
Payrate: £24-27 per hour
Hours: Full time
Duration: 3 months contract
- HCPC registered
- To undertake a comprehensive assessment of patients, including those with diverse or complex presentations/multi pathologies
- To work collaboratively within the specialist multi-disciplinary team (MDT)
- To work with the acute Multi-Disciplinary Team & Transfer of Care Hubs to promote an efficient, effective discharge from hospital to the patient’s own home
- To bring a holistic therapeutic approach to the multi-disciplinary team
- Concentrating specifically on admission avoidance strategies and interventions
- To have a role in the responsibility for the management of patients care pathway through the CIS services
- To be responsible for a designated caseload of patients, where you will implement and evaluate treatment plans, and coordinate interventions within Home First & Urgent Community Response
- To liaise with health, and adult social care, working in partnership with primary and secondary care, social prescribers, and other external agencies to ensure the delivery of a high-quality service, and facilitate effective discharge from the Home First Service
- To work across Home First and Urgent Community Response caseloads, depending on service needs
- To provide a specialist service to patients in their own home/usual residence
- To communicate effectively with patients and carers and allied agencies to maximise discharge and recovery potential and to ensure understanding of condition
- Relevant qualification in Occupational Therapy
NOTE: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.
Why work with Maxxima?
The minute you register with us we make it about one thing: you. The first time we talk you'll realise we know your speciality inside out.
Our expert recruitment consultants are here to find you the very best opportunities and help you every step of the way in securing the greatest placement. We hold preferred or sole supplier status with many clients which means you'll have access to a range of opportunities that can't be found anywhere else.
We always act in your best interests, talking with you and listening to you. You're an individual. A professional; not a resource.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Refer a friend
We know you'll love working with us, and so would your friends. So why not introduce us and earn some extra cash in the process?
The way it works is simple: if you introduce candidates who are not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £1,500. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.