The successful candidate will gain a wide range of experience in clinical specialities that include Frailty, Acute admissions, Surgery and Medicine. They will be supported in their development towards meeting the RPS Foundation Framework standards and there will be potential to shadow specialist clinicians within the rotation to support continued learning
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Hrs: 37.5 hours per week
What’s in it for you?
Salary: £41,659 - £47,672 + benefits
On a typical day you will:
- Participate in the provision of specialist clinical services e.g. Total Parental Nutrition (TPN), clinical screening of prescriptions for HIV, anti-TNF drugs and other high cost drugs or chemotherapy prescriptions
- Support directorate pharmacists in the management of high-cost drugs
- Participate in the provision of expenditure reporting, audit and report writing.
- Develop and input into clinical prescribing guidelines, care bundles, care pathways, patient group directions, implementation of NICE and other guidance, care packages for contract purposes and shared care guidelines in line with government directives.
- Attend directorate meetings, ward rounds and provide education and information to medical, nursing, pharmacy and other health care staff as well as to patients.
- Liaise with CCG’s and NHS England on drug funding issues.
- Development of clinical risk management.
- Write and input into Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Undertake the independent prescribing qualification.
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- A vocational master’s degree in Pharmacy plus pre-registration training resulting in registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Pharmacist.
- Previous experince in a hospital based envroment
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing professional development
If the role sounds like the perfect fit for you, please apply now.
If you are interested in registering with us, would like to know more about this position or simply discuss any other opportunities we have, we would love to hear from you.
Feel free to contact Idris Olalere on 02033986694 or email Idris.email@example.com
We know you'll love working with us, and so would your friends. So why not introduce us and earn some extra money in the process?
The way it works is simple: if you introduce candidates who are not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £1,500. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
The minute you register with us we make it about one thing: you. The first time we talk you'll realise we know your speciality inside out.
Our expert recruitment consultants are here to find you the very best opportunities and help you every step of the way in securing the greatest placement. We hold preferred or sole supplier status with many clients which means you'll have access to a range of opportunities that can't be found
Maxxima is proud to be an equitable, diverse, and inclusive employer, if you require any reasonable adjustment or support during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change. This job advert may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent.
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.