This role will be working locally in Birmingham providing Nursing delivery services, you MUST have experience of a similar role.
We are looking for Nursing Service Delivery Lead to work at least 2-3 days per week, Monday – Friday.
The site will be open between 8am – 7.30pm.
There is a fixed site at Birmingham along with a site in Walsall.
You must be competent in providing phlebotomy services, as you will be overseeing and providing phlebotomy services
These positions will be available from October 17th
The pay rate for this role will be up to £28 p/h (Umbrella rate)
These positions will start at the beginning of October and run be until at least the end of March 2023 and is a long term 7 months’ temporary contract.
Responsibilities for this position are as below:
- Responsible for the provision of clinical leadership to Healthcare Support Workers
- Focus on the day-to-day delivery of excellence in quality care provision, ensuring all clinical governance and compliance targets are met, services are safe and delivered seamlessly
- Supernumerary role which can provide additional support for HSW breaks
- Responsible for staff attendance and scheduling
- Reports directly to Chief Nurse
- First point of escalation for operational queries
Requirements of this Nursing Service Delivery vacancy:
- You must be an experienced nurse to fulfil this vacancy.
- You must be willing to fully register with our agency
Why work with Maxxima?
The minute you register with Maxxima we make it about one thing: you. The first time we talk you'll realise we know your speciality inside out.
Our expert recruitment consultants are here to find you the very best opportunities and help you every step of the way in securing the best placement. We hold preferred or sole supplier status with many clients which means you'll have access to a range of opportunities that can't be found anywhere else.
We always act in your best interests, talking with you and listening to you. You're an individual. A professional; not a resource.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.