This is an exciting opportunity to work in a Community-based environment in South Essex; an area that covers Basildon, Southend-on-Sea and Grays.
South Essex is unique as it is conveniently located between London and Kent, right by the coastline and has close links to NHS partners in the area.
This offers the opportunity for those joining us in South Essex to be involved in initiatives that run across authorities and organisations.
With close proximity to bordering counties and North East London, the area is ideal for those that want to commute into Essex.
Location: Basildon, Southend-on-Sea & Grays
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
What’s in it for you?
- Salary: £32,787 - £44,826 DOE
- Training and development
- Employee Wellbeing and Counselling
- Lease car scheme
- Up to £8,000 for relocation
- Life assurance of 3x salary
- Travel around Essex, between Basildon, Southend-on-Sea and Grays
- Play an integral role in the client's preventative approach to Social Care
- Undertake a range of assessments, interventions, and support for the residents of Essex, with a focus on occupation, activity, choice and control
- Empower the residents to achieve their functional goals and aspirations through using a strengths-based approach, utilising appropriate community assets, and provide appropriate adaptations and equipment
- Undertake related aspects of social care work, such as safeguarding, mental capacity and best interest assessments, care and support planning and ensuring the appropriate support from other agencies is in place or available
- Choose clear decisions, highlighting and limiting potential risks associated with intervention
- Making an impact in housing, community sector coalition, commissioning, provider quality, organisational safeguards, mental health or learning disabilities
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy, or equivalent qualification
- HCPC registration
- Significant experience of OT, modelling good practice, and providing advice and guidance in complex situations
- Comprehensive understanding of current legislation, regulations and guidance
- Experience of chairing meetings involving clients, family members, careers and other multi-agency professionals
- Evidence of CPD
- In-depth understanding of the financial implications of commissioned care packages
- Drivers licence and car, or the ability to travel around Essex through other means
If you are looking for a new exciting challenge working across South Essex, please apply today!
Why work with Maxxima?
The minute you register with Maxxima we make it about one thing: you. The first time we talk you'll realise we know your speciality inside out.
Our expert recruitment consultants are here to find you the very best opportunities and help you every step of the way in securing the best placement. We hold preferred or sole supplier status with many clients which means you'll have access to a range of opportunities that can't be found anywhere else.
With our team’s expert knowledge in healthcare we will help you through the interview stage with tips and advice and secure you your dream role.
We always act in your best interests, talking with you and listening to you. You're an individual. A professional; not a resource.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.