You will provide specialist clinical knowledge and skills in a broad range of cardiac physiology investigations and deliver expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment in the Cardiac Catheter Lab Department.
You will provide administrative support to the Lead Clinical Cardiac Physiologist and Cardiac Catheter Lab Manager and assist in the efficient and effective management of technical resources, ensuring quality invasive and non-invasive service to cardiac patients.
Job - Senior Cardiac Physiologist - Cath Labs/Pacing
Location - Central London
Contract Type - Permanent Contract, full time 37.5hrs
Salary Range - Competitive dependent upon skills and experience. This position is equivalent between a band 6 and 7 in the NHS
Other Info - We will be able to provide VISA sponsorships for those within the EU and outside the EU.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate highly developed knowledge and skills in a broad range of cardiology investigations.
- Perform a wide range of standard and complex procedures on adults and paediatrics, as requested by the clinician, in all areas of Cardiac Physiology (e.g. Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Rhythm Management, Electrophysiology and non-invasive Cardiology) and be involved in patient preparation for these tests.
- Familiar with Electrophysiology mapping systems such as BARD, CARTO and Precision.
- Perform all procedures at independent practitioner level.
- Perform certain procedures in a number of settings and sometimes under difficult or stressful conditions.
- Analyse and interpret real time results, which may be complex and either urgent or routine in nature, and to communicate these findings to other relevant team members and cardiologists.
- Monitor and respond to changes in the patients’ clinical status in field of Cardiac Physiology.
- Respond to emergencies and carry out emergency defibrillation, resuscitation, temporary external and intra-cardiac pacing.
- Act autonomously to deliver appropriate and individualised patient care at all times e.g. anticipating the need for further investigations, interrogating complex diagnostic data from pacemakers and ICDs and carry out reprogramming to optimise pacing/therapeutic functions and clinical outcome.
- Provide expert and specialist advice to patients, colleagues and clinicians within this clinical area regarding outcomes of clinical procedures and results to enable development of individual care plans.
- Provide Cardiac Physiology cover to all areas requiring a Cardiac Physiology service, within boundaries of personal competencies, as needs of department dictate including flexible working hours and on call commitment.
- Identify, investigate and report any electro-medical equipment faults and resolve issues directly, or pass onto biomedical engineering department or external technical support
- Degree educated in Physiology or similar
- Significant post-Graduate experience of working in Cardiac/Cath Lab services
If you are you looking for a new exciting challenge working for a leading private hospital group based in the heart of London - please apply today!
Unlock your potential:
If you are you looking for a new exciting challenge within a leading private hospital in the heart of London - please apply today!
What are the next steps?
If the role sounds like the perfect fit for you, please apply now.
If you are interested in registering with us, would like to know more about this position or simply discuss any other opportunities we have, we would love to hear from you.
Feel free to contact Luke Nguyen-Killeen on 02077498280 or Luke.Killeen@maxximagroup.com
We know you'll love working with us, and so would your friends. So why not introduce us and earn some extra money in the process?
The way it works is simple: if you introduce candidates who are not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £1,500. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
The minute you register with us we make it about one thing: you. The first time we talk you'll realise we know your speciality inside out.
Our expert recruitment consultants are here to find you the very best opportunities and help you every step of the way in securing the greatest placement. We hold preferred or sole supplier status with many clients which means you'll have access to a range of opportunities that can't be found
Maxxima is proud to be an equitable, diverse, and inclusive employer, if you require any reasonable adjustment or support during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.