You will work in a modern and bespoke unit that provides a variety of specialised services to individuals who have an acquired brain injury and need rehabilitation for their physical, emotional and cognitive recovery.
The integrated multidisciplinary team create and deliver individualised individual goal led rehabilitation programmes. These are reviewed and updated weekly with progress evaluated with the individual and or their family involved so that the therapeutic value is holistic.
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 40 hours a week
What’s in it for you?
- Salary: £50,000
- The facilities include a Physiotherapy Suite, a Daily Skills Kitchen with adapted work areas for those with physical disability, an Activities Room and beautiful gardens. There are also two separate independent self-contained bungalows, each with their own private garden.
- Use the FIM+FAM outcome measure to help focus the areas of goal setting
- Manage a caseload of patients as keyworker to ensure communication of changes and needs are up to date and shared with all involved
- Supervise for therapy technicians, ensure they meet the desired competencies and be involved in the appraisals
- Contribute to the development of junior and/or unqualified staff through formal and informal supervision and training
- Contribute to the development of the Manton Heights ABI Service and the therapy team within it
- Participate in CPD and other developmental activities
- A qualification degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- Have evidence of post graduate training and certification in Neurological rehabilitation and treatment techniques
- Be registered with HCPC
If you are looking for a new exciting challenge working across Bedfordshire, please apply today!
What are the next steps?
If the role sounds like the perfect fit for you, please apply now.
If you are interested in registering with us, would like to know more about this position or simply discuss any other opportunities we have, we would love to hear from you.
Feel free to contact Luke Nguyen-Killeen on 0203 398 6694 or Luke.Killeen@maxximagroup.com
We know you'll love working with us, and so would your friends. So why not introduce us and earn some extra money in the process?
The way it works is simple: if you introduce candidates who are not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £1,500. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
The minute you register with us we make it about one thing: you. The first time we talk you'll realise we know your speciality inside out.
Our expert recruitment consultants are here to find you the very best opportunities and help you every step of the way in securing the greatest placement. We hold preferred or sole supplier status with many clients which means you'll have access to a range of opportunities that can't be found
Maxxima is proud to be an equitable, diverse, and inclusive employer, if you require any reasonable adjustment or support during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.