You will be responsible for providing a high-quality clinical enquiry answering service to healthcare professionals within the Trust and to patients via our established medicines helpline.
Alongside this, you will support the Clinical Pharmacy team by delivering direct patient care at ward level and acting as a clinical role model for other staff.
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Hrs: 37.5 hours per week
What’s in it for you?
Salary: £41,659 - £47,672 + benefits
On a typical day you will:
- Provide evaluated medicines information and advice from a variety of sources including clinical trials and published literature to pharmacy
- Assist in the production of proactive medicines information aimed at improving prescribing and practice, and therefore patient care both in and outside the pharmacy, through personal communication, memos and bulletins.
- Contribute to a peer review system and assist with the audit of enquiries in accordance with clinical governance requirements.
- Maintain contact with appropriate specialists and groups both nationally and locally to enable best practice to be identified and incorporated into NUH practice.
- To support the provision and update of monographs for the NHS Injectable Medicines guide.
- A vocational master’s degree in Pharmacy plus pre-registration training resulting in registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Pharmacist.
- Knowledge of medicines information resources and systems
- Wide previous experience (post registration) in hospital pharmacy
- Demonstrates commitment to Continuing
- Competent ICT skills, word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, databases, retrieval of information from the internet
If the role sounds like the perfect fit for you, please apply now.
If you are interested in registering with us, would like to know more about this position or simply discuss any other opportunities we have, we would love to hear from you.
Feel free to contact Idris Olalere on 02033986694 or email Idris.firstname.lastname@example.org
We know you'll love working with us, and so would your friends. So why not introduce us and earn some extra money in the process?
The way it works is simple: if you introduce candidates who are not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £1,500. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
The minute you register with us we make it about one thing: you. The first time we talk you'll realise we know your speciality inside out.
Our expert recruitment consultants are here to find you the very best opportunities and help you every step of the way in securing the greatest placement. We hold preferred or sole supplier status with many clients which means you'll have access to a range of opportunities that can't be found
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.