About the role:
As a Senior Speech and Language Therapist, you will be working as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, contributing to the planning, development and delivery of an effective and efficient service.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Speech and Language Therapist:
- Work with parents, early year practitioners and members of the children’s workforce to facilitate targeted level interventions for children.
- Support Early Years practitioners and settings to enhance communication opportunities for young children within a nursery environment.
- Facilitate changes in practitioner’s awareness, knowledge and practice.
- Support the local referral and triage process/ the delivery of language interventions within nurseries.
- Support the sharing of information with parents to enhance children’s learning environments in the home and encourage early identification of difficulties.
- Deliver training programmes to practitioners and parents and contribute to the development of training.
- Jointly deliver training with other Family Hub team members.
- Maintain and develop partnerships with agencies and with families to provide an integrated service.
- Represent Communicate at local SLC Strategy meetings etc.
- Contribute to the induction, supervision and support of other, more junior SLTs, SLTAs and volunteers.
- Support contract communications through newsletters, articles.
- Take full SLT student placements.
- Supervise SLTs under direction of their line manager.
- Participate in audits of performance against defined standards, policies and procedures.
- Speech and Language Therapy Degree or Masters
- Experience working with children who have complex needs, their families and the Multi-agency team
- Registration with RCSLT and HCPC
- Respect for confidential information
- Enhanced DBS applied for by Communicate SLT CIC following appointment
- Commitment to Communicate’s mission, vision and values
- Knowledgeable, dedicated and vastly experienced Permanent Team with longstanding professional relationships with multiple clients
- Access to exclusive vacancies through our numerous Master Vendor trusts across the country
- Vacancies outside of NHS Rate caps with our private sector agreements
- Access to International roles outside of England and the United Kingdom
If you are interested to hear more, either hit the APPLY NOW button or reach out to James on 07738610693 or James.Buxton@maxximagroup.com
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.