About the role:
As a Senior Speech and Language Therapist, you will assess and diagnose speech, language, and communication needs (SLCN) for young people including those in care and with special educational needs.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Speech and Language Therapist:
- Develop and advise on strategies to support young people with SLCN, this includes working with young people and with the people who live and work with them on a daily basis.
- Develop and implement highly specialist speech and language therapy treatment.
- and programmes and to measure and evaluate outcomes.
- Ensure that clients / parents or carers / staff /teachers are involved in the planning and prioritisation of the treatment programmes wherever possible.
- Produce reports, in a format that is easily understood by the young person.
- Contribute to legal documents such as Education Health and Care Plans and Court Reports.
- Adapt practice to meet individual clients circumstances, including due regard for cultural and linguistic differences.
- Share information with clients, carers and other professionals, observing data protection guidelines.
- Contribute to multi-disciplinary teams to ensure a client focused approach to treatment. Attending high risk review meetings as requested.
- Work closely with clients, carers and other professionals to negotiate and agree client management and motivate the young person to engage.
- Provide a speech and language therapy services to children, directly and through.
- Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) Degree or Masters.
- 3+ years’ experience working as an SLT with children, young people who have Speech, Language and Communication Needs, their families and the children’s workforce.
- Experience of delivering universal and targeted level services, within family hubs or Early Years settings.
- Registration with RCSLT and HCPC.
- Enhanced DBS applied for by Communicate SLT CIC following appointment.
- Commitment to Communicate’s mission, vision and values.
- Knowledgeable, dedicated and vastly experienced Permanent Team with longstanding professional relationships with multiple clients
- Access to exclusive vacancies through our numerous Master Vendor trusts across the country
- Vacancies outside of NHS Rate caps with our private sector agreements
- Access to International roles outside of England and the United Kingdom
If you are interested to hear more, either hit the APPLY NOW button or reach out to James on 07738610693 or James.Buxton@maxximagroup.com
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.