About the role:
As a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, you will provide speech and language therapy services to children, directly and through support to their families and the multi-disciplinary team.
Your main responsibilities as a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist:
- Provide speech, language and communication assessments for children and young people in consultation with their families, the multi- disciplinary team and other SLTs and SLTAs.
- Provide intervention on an individual or group basis as required.
- Develop and demonstrate SLT programmes and groups for pupils.
- Keep accurate records and provide written reports.
- Set targets for therapy and monitor progress.
- Hold responsibility for own caseload and be responsible for a defined area of the service, working without direct supervision.
- Work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, contributing to the planning, development and delivery of an effective and efficient service.
- Liaise with other involved agencies and with families to provide an integrated service.
- Take full SLT student placements.
- Contribute to the recruitment, induction, supervision and support of other, more junior SLTs, SLTAs and volunteers.
- Facilitate clinical case discussions.
- Access clinical supervision within the team via regular meetings, group and individual supervision, mentoring and appraisals.
- Be committed to continuing their professional development.
- Able to make independent decisions about caseload management, service design and manage projects independently.
- Lead on the co-ordination and development of clinical services.
- Deliver training programmes to others and contribute to the development of training.
- Contribute to the evaluation and monitoring of services.
- Facilitate Halton team meetings when required.
- Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) Degree or Masters.
- 4+ years’ experience working with children and young people with complex needs, their families and the Multi-agency team.
- Registration with RCSLT and HCPC.
- Respect for confidential information.
- Enhanced DBS applied for by Communicate SLT CIC following appointment.
- Commitment to Communicate’s mission, vision and values.
- Knowledgeable, dedicated and vastly experienced Permanent Team with longstanding professional relationships with multiple clients
- Access to exclusive vacancies through our numerous Master Vendor trusts across the country
- Vacancies outside of NHS Rate caps with our private sector agreements
- Access to International roles outside of England and the United Kingdom
If you are interested to hear more, either hit the APPLY NOW button or reach out to James on 07738610693 or James.Buxton@maxximagroup.com
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.