About the role:
As a Specialist Speech & Language Therapist, you will be working in a clinical and service development capacity to ensure the service to patients is planned, delivered, and evaluated in line with evidence-based practice. Working closely with the multi-disciplinary team to help create and maintain a robust service whilst seamlessly incorporating other centre services.
Your main responsibilities as a Specialist Speech & Language Therapist:
- Provide a highly specialised speech and language therapy service to patient’s communication and swallowing disorders on the acute wards, including the intensive treatment units.
- Assess and treat inpatients with communication, cognitive and / or swallowing problems, and independently manage an inpatient caseload
- Provide comprehensive initial and ongoing assessments for each patient, to plan and implement treatment using a goal planning system within the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date and concise treatment records detailing the individual patient’s treatment plan and progress.
- Professional qualification in Speech and Language Therapy
- Registered member of HCPC
- Some experience in using FEES or VFS assessments would be desirable but not essential
- Experience working within an in-patient setting
- Experience in working with ITU patients
If you are interested to hear more, either hit the APPLY NOW button or reach out to Ria on 02033986694 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.