About the role:
As a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, you will manage effectively a caseload of pupils with speech, language and communication difficulties within a school setting.
Your main responsibilities as a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist:
- Work with volunteers and assistants as appropriate, deploying time and allocating duties within the multidisciplinary team context
- Responsible for student placements (following two years post qualification experience)
- Contribute to curriculum development and, if required be responsible for SLT input to a defined curriculum area
- Develop or maintain a special interest in a relevant area (clinical and/or curricular) agreed with the line manager, and to collate and disseminate relevant information
- Access support from designated colleagues, when necessary
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings and Inset
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to enable access to the National Curriculum, at appropriate key stages, through planning, delivery and support.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective joint working practices between various staff groups.
- Contribute to developing and sustaining an appropriate communication environment within the school or service.
- Contribute to the life and working practices, environment and ethos of the school/service e.g. lunchtime supervision, school trips.
- Assist with hosting visitors when required
- Contribute to whole school development plan
- Mentor colleagues from other professional groups new to the school
- Minimum 2 years experience in working with a paediatric caseload, ideally with severe and complex speech, language and communication needs
- Experienced in working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Registered member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree or equivalent
- Registered member of Health and Care Professions Council
- Relevant CPD portfolio
- Knowledgeable, dedicated and vastly experienced Permanent Team with longstanding professional relationships with multiple clients
- Access to exclusive vacancies through our numerous Master Vendor trusts across the country
- Vacancies outside of NHS Rate caps with our private sector agreements
- Access to International roles outside of England and the United Kingdom
If you are interested to hear more, either hit the APPLY NOW button or reach out to James on 07738610693 or James.Buxton@maxximagroup.com
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.