About the role:
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will provide speech and language therapy services to children, directly and through support to their families and the multi-disciplinary team.
Your main responsibilities as a Speech and Language Therapist:
- Provide speech, language and communication assessments for children and young people in consultation with their families, the multi- disciplinary team and other SLTs and SLTAs.
- Keep accurate records and provide written reports.
- Set targets for therapy and monitor progress.
- Provide intervention on an individual or group basis as required.
- Develop and demonstrate SLT programmes and groups for pupils.
- Able to make independent decisions about caseload management.
- Hold responsibility for own caseload, working under supervision of a senior SLT.
- Work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, contributing to the planning, development and delivery of an effective and efficient service.
- Liaise with other involved agencies and with families to provide an integrated service.
- Support SLT student placements.
- Access clinical supervision within the team via regular meetings, supervision, mentoring and appraisals.
- Be committed to continuing their professional development.
- Support the delivery of training programmes to others and contribute to the development of training.
- Contribute to the evaluation and monitoring of services.
- Participate in audits of performance against defined standards, policies and procedures.
- Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) Degree or Masters.
- Experience working as an SLT with children, young people who have Speech, Language and Communication Needs, their families and the Multi-agency team.
- Registration with RCSLT and HCPC.
- Enhanced DBS applied for by Communicate SLT CIC following appointment.
- Commitment to Communicate’s mission, vision and values.
- Knowledgeable, dedicated and vastly experienced Permanent Team with longstanding professional relationships with multiple clients
- Access to exclusive vacancies through our numerous Master Vendor trusts across the country
- Vacancies outside of NHS Rate caps with our private sector agreements
- Access to International roles outside of England and the United Kingdom
If you are interested to hear more, either hit the APPLY NOW button or reach out to James on 07738610693 or James.Buxton@maxximagroup.com
Disclaimer: We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.